Thursday, May 22, 2008

Where is the MOO-Lah??!!

one day, my brother came up to me and asked me gently...

"so. how much are u making now?
where did all your money go to?"



I wouldnt say that i'm very surprised. but it was a very uncomfortable question for me.

i never really liked the answer anyway.

i guessed the reason he asked was because i don think he spotted any major wardrobe revamp, nor was i carrying fancy phones/bags/shoes. perhaps he did wonder if i will give him any pocket money. or offer to fulfill one of his wish list, or to support him through higher education.

you know what.
i would love to.



so anyway, i answered him.

"oh, you may not see thousands of dollars in my hand now. but whatever im earning makes it possible for ALL OF YOU to continue staying in this house with all fixtures an furnishings, electricity, a working connection and food on the table, and sometimes entertainment.
its also enough to pay my employees and keeps the business going."


i don't know how he feels about the reply.


but my heart sank.
deeply.

i wish i could tell him that i am doing all that's above, plus alot more to offer him and the family.


seriously, i know im not alone in this. many people are going through this as well.
but the reality is so painful for me. perhaps i am not really ready to handle all these, but i don mind the experience. it has to get better. things has to improve.

business is not that bad, i must say, its not that bad.
its pretty OK actually. but expenses are too high.
we make five. we pay five.
we make six. we pay seven (sometimes)
we make seven. we pay five (sometimes)

so. this is life.
im not accepting status quo. but im gonna work hard and trust in my God although its dark days for me and my dad.

i love my shop. i love my work. i love my people. i love my customers.

i just dread paying bills.



* Please note that when i say 'I', im not alone in the business. Its a family thing, but im mainly in charge. So most of the responsibilities lie on me.








5 comments:

Victor said...

maybe asset utilisation is low. or perhaps maintenance, fixed costs or personal drawings are high. check whether profit growth is proportionate with cost increase.

lucy belle is franchise right, so there are other franchises?
see whether can get hold of the best franchisee's financial statements, then compare them with yours.

starryestelle said...

thanks victor..

will have some personal financial consultation session with you.

treat u to a drink lar.
hahahha :P

first paragraph is true.
2nd paragraph i need to get the info.

Georgina said...

Yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo..

This is georgina....

Take care yo~

Philip Pang said...

it's not as if you do not know what's going on.

starryestelle said...

ya, but i need to get it out of my system. who else do i talk to about things like this.

and not everythin turns out as you have planned. all subject to change. so there is a gap between expectations/speculation and actual.

thats where the frustration comes in.